About ‘Osteopathic Health Solutions’
What Is An Osteopath?
Osteopathy is a system of diagnosis and treatment that recognises the following principles:
- The body is one unit of function
- The body has self-regulating mechanisms
- Structure and function are reciprocally inter-related
- Therapeutic management is applied with an understanding of these principles and thorough knowlegde of clinical sciences.
These osteopathic principles, in conjunction with current medical knowledge, inform the care given patients. Scientific plausibility and evidence-informed reasoning are fundamental to diagnosis, treatment and case management.
Osteopaths follow these principles of patient care:
- The patient is the focus for healthcare
- The patient has the primary responsibility for their own health
- Effective treatment is founded on these principles and:
- Incorporates evidence informed guidelines
- Optimises the patients natural healing capacity
- Seeks to address the primary cause of disease, and
- Emphasizes health maintenance and disease prevention
Wally Johnston – Osteopath
I embarked on a career in Osteopathy in 1980 to treat sports injuries. As the course progressed I realised there was much more to Osteopathy than sports injuries only.
After 30 years of practise I realise and respect how proper structure and function allows a healthy, self-regulationing and self healing body.
I am passionate that there is one integrated health system with everyone working to serve the patients interests best. I have been the Central Coast Co-Ordinator of Mindd Foundation Events (Mindd Foundation supports Integrated Healthcare and helps practitioners and patients discover and implement effective treatment for Metabolic, Immunologic, Neurologic, Digestive, Developmental conditions that affect the mind).
I have been a member of the Central Coast Medicare Local Primary Care Advisory Committee (Now the Hunter, New England, Central Coast Health Network), the goal is to improve the patient journey through developing integrated and coordinated healthcare.